Sunday, June 1, 2014

Crochet Essential Oil Containers

Hello!

  This week I made these little essential oil containers! I have a bunch of essential oils and they end up all over my house because I don't have a central place for them. Since I love to crochet and I have been dying to make a crochet bowl or basket I knew this would be a perfect project to learn.


 
 
 
 
 
 
  I used 100% cotton yarn since it is a little stiffer and I thought that would be good for these. I wanted to try some multi color yarns for these. Since they are so small I figured if I didn't like how they came out it wouldn't be so bad because there so easy to make. I also had some homemade lotion "bars" so I wanted to make a container for those too. When I started making these I was only going to make three (two for essential oils and one for my lotion bars) but when I made the base of the container I noticed they got flimsier as the base got bigger so I decided to make four smaller containers instead. The "tweed" looking color was made out of regular acrylic yarn, I just added a little detailing to the top to give it some character. I love how these came out, especially the pink one! The color started to change from pink to white at the end so it looks like I made a white rim on purpose, and I didn't even have to change yarn to get this effect.
 
Now I have all of my essential oils in one place and in super cute containers!
 
 
Until next time!
 
Magan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment