Sunday, May 25, 2014

Strawberries everywhere!

Hello,

   It is fruit season here at the Luczak-Lombera home! I usually have mostly vegetables and a crap load of herbs growing but at this time of year, in southern California, I focus on fruit.

  About two months ago I noticed the strawberries I attempted to grow last year, which did not grow very well, started to sprout up all over the place! My family loves them and can take a 1lb of them out in one sitting. Strawberries and apples are the only fruit my WHOLE  family likes. The only problem I have with that is buying organic strawberries from the grocery store or at the farmers market is so expensive! So I was so excited when I saw them growing again and I hoped to get a few strawberries this time. Well it turns out they took over most of my very small garden area and I ended up with about 10 strawberries a day and that is just what the bugs didn't eat.


  This week I decided to take my garden back and transfer part of the strawberries to a planter and pull the rest. 

 
 
This worked out great and gave me space to plant more fruit! Oooh maybe I will try watermelon this year... or another type of berry. Stay tuned!  
 
 
Until next time!
 
Magan

No comments:

Post a Comment