Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Hello,

   Happy Mother's Day! I wouldn't say this is my favorite holiday but it is a very close second. Unlike other days that are directed towards me, like my birthday or Valentine's Day, I  feel like I earned this day!  I use this holiday to get out of doing mom stuff... which I know is ironic. I lay on the couch, watch a non-animated movie,  tell my husband "but it's my day can't you change her diaper?" and all is right with the world for 24hrs.

   What made this day even better? Well a few things, first I got to write on my blog while both kids are awake. Second are the gifts I received from my kids and husband. Third is having my son, who is old enough now to understand what this day is, tell me "Happy Mother's Day".

   The gifts I received from my husband are a few of my guilty pleasures. He teases me so much about them that I was surprised he allowed himself to be seen buying them and is fine with them being in the house!
 
   My first gift was BBC's Sherlock season 1.





    I am borderline obsessed with this show. My husband bought me season 2 for Christmas and season 3 for Valentines day even thought he knows that I have a slight crush on Sherlock... that is a good man right there. Anyway I could go on for hours about how good this show is, and I probably will in another post, but for now I will just say that with my season 1 Mother's Day gift he has completed my Sherlock Blu-ray collection. Yay!

   My second gift was the six Jane Austen novels.





    I had no idea who Jane Austen was just a few months ago and then I saw Ang Lee's "Sense and Sensibility" and I was hooked. I like to read the book before I see any film adaptation but I had no idea "Sense and Sensibility" was a book! I am embarrassed to say that since she is such a famous author and I love to read. I will post more about the books as I read them.

  My third gift was a paper flower made by my son in his preschool class.





  This was my favorite gift! He was so excited when I picked him up from school on Friday. He hands me something wrapped in tissue paper and tells me "mom I made this for you but you can't open it until Mother's Day" . Yesterday was the longest day of my life! I wanted to open it sooo bad and my son kept reminding me I couldn't open until Mothers' Day. Well when I finally opened it (first thing when I woke up) I cried like a baby and hugged him so much that I am pretty sure I freaked him out. I know I will be getting school made Mother's Day gifts from my kids for many years but since this is my very first one I am framing it... my husband can tease me all he wants and I am sure he will once I tell him.

Again "Happy Mother's Day"!


Until next time!

Magan

No comments:

Post a Comment